Friday, April 29, 2011

The Green Wave, etc.

I promised a few people that I would blog about this. You all may be probably thinking this is going to be about "going green," however, it's going to be based on a documentary I recently seen last friday. It was called The Green Wave. As usual, I'll start of with this link, and yes it is green. You know because I obviously decided to color code green, I think I'll continue to do so throughout this post. Just to give you all a brief intro to what this movement was about, I'll repost parts of the synopsis here on "my blog."

FR - OMG I totally have a blog ~
Readers - OMG, shut the he!l up, we're reading it.
FR- Really your reading my blog? Which post are you currently reading, I'll give you a dol-lar.
Readers - A dollar, awesome. I am currently reading the green wave, ect.
FR - the what?
Readers - Sorry, the Green wave.

Enough of this nonsense. This is a powerful, and yet in my opinion, a traumatizing movement in the Iranian society. I will spoil it for you now, for those that are like me, and don't follow every piece of news information that's put out for us to read. The movement as a whole was a failure, however, I think they have succeeded in the right direction to try and wake everyone up in the Iranian nation, so they can see that they do not live, or even are close to living in a free democratic society (~ whatever that means, to live in a true democracy ~ sorry, but I have to state this at some point).

green was the symbol of recognition among the supporters of presidential candidate Mir-Hossein Mousavi, who became the symbolic figure of the Green Revolution in Iran last year. The presidential elections on June 12th, 2009 were supposed to bring about a change, but contrary to all expectations the ultra-conservative populist Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was confirmed in office. As clear as was the result, as loud and justified were the accusations of vote-rigging. 

To continue reposting things written from this website, I'll include this small section:

THE GREEN WAVE is a touching documentary-collage illustrating the dramatic events and telling about the feelings of the people behind this revolution. Facebook reports, Twitter messages and videos posted in the internet were included in the film composition, and hundreds of real blog entries served as reference for the experiences and thoughts of two young students, whose story is running through the film as the main thread.  

In my opinion, I really feel like with all of the people readily engaged in this movement, something could have been done, and something could have changed. However, the people's thoughts and energy were directed in the wrong manner. This was turning into war according to this documentary. The government was on a mission to put it's foot down, literally, on it's nations people (note 1). After this event went on as long as it did, I was hoping (even though I knew the outcome of the action) that another country, maybe a world power (the US, fuckers - and this is my own damn country), would intervene, and shoot that mother f*er in office and clean out the cabinet. When things like this goes down in other countries, and the outside nations are aware of this happening, this is when being a powerful country should be important. This is when you should drop a bomb on people, or send out your sniping units. This is when you should evade and infiltrate - when you know you will catch the bastards, when you know there is a 98% chance of dismantling someones government b/c the people indirectly asked you too. Not go easter egg hunting in oh Iraq for a terrorist organization with supposed WMD. 

Other times like this makes me want to stir up trouble and create personal theories out of anger. To name a time, well right now. Could US, European powers, etc be responsible in anyway for governments with authoritarian heads being in office for some sort of national gain in some way? It's really not right to think in this manner, however, sadly we have people around the globe that do. And to continue, we sadly do have reasons to think of things like this, why because of past doings of things "just like this." I'm completely down with wiki-leaks exploring national issues ~B.A.M.N., and releasing them to the public for viewing. My reasons may be completely different from yours, and I will tell you in short: It's not because the public has the right to know, it's because those who want to know should have the right to know, if their government is playing dirty for personal gain. Human rights issues are no joke. If we are all down with having "sacrificial lambs" that are of human species (with me meaning - sharing equal ability to having an intelligent level, and having the ability to expand one's knowledge), then we are truly evil. If a strange dangerous race of outer space beings came to earth and demanded that we sacrifice one human from this planet to spare the lives of the human (this is the case where we are defenseless), I promise you humans that I will be the first to volunteer. 

When I was watching this film, my thoughts were all over the place. However, there were a few strands of thoughts that my mind could stay fixated on for minutes at a time. And they repeated over and over again, until the movie ended. Even now, I cannot stop thinking of them as I type this blog. The thoughts were **When will people stop being so cruel? When will religion not be used as a tool to encage people? When will people accept that we have to stand together to be perfect, instead of denying that perfection is impossible? When will a nation (an entire nation of people) decide that the use of guns and other weapons are no longer needed? And will people ever stop murdering one another?

To be honest, I wish I could pick up a gun and fire a bullet that will travel around the globe and eliminate everyone who has (directly or indirectly) taken a life for personal gain. I think that should be a perfect wish, and maybe I will come out alive (me hoping that this gain in the race of time, doesn't count as personal gain for myself).

This goes out to all of the persons that participated in The Green Wave movement. I am sorry that your government and it's leaders are a$$holes. I am also sorry that my country along with others did not properly intervene when the blood of the Iranian people was being shed on the streets. The inside layers of my heart will forever be painted Green.

1. I was really hoping that you guys would take up arms. It was the best time to do so in that type of situation. It was almost as sad as watching a film of jews walking in to a death camp, due to the orders of that b* hitler (they didn't see it coming). All of them didn't fight back hard enough, willing to risk everything to stop this torturous murder. Equally as sad as millions of African slaves being brought to America and other places around the globe to be used for labor. Risking their lives with others to take back their freedom. You guys are not born into freedom under that type of government. Doing things peacefully, in my ultimate opinion on these things will not work. You have to (go ahead a quote me) literally erase the life of ahmadinejad  (his name gets no respect either - note the lowercase "a"), and his cabinet of assholes from earth (among other things - but erasing them is a start), in order to get real change.

Thats just Real Talk!

No comments: