Monday, June 6, 2011

"You lik`a fried lice, please?"

So, I'm staying in an Jewish-Asian village, in Brooklyn. Totally, China all over again (Minus the Jewish part). My housemates are Chinese and Chinglish ~ It's what ever.

In the beginning, I was initially was going to apply for this position to tutor young Chinese kids after their Chinese school let out. But then I kept contemplating the idea of me walking into the office for the interview, and then the administrative staff staring at me, wandering why I was in the office and not the guy who wrote the email, and sent in the resume.

That would have been hilarious on both our part. Hey, it did say Speak Clear English and Mandarin. I fit the profile, but my ethnicity doesn't.

New York, New York ~ This is really the place of "go broke after two days." I have a friend in Korea right now that once told me, "dude, I live off of cafeteria food. The prices for a good meal is no joke, high as hell." (PS: I believe you) Now, I feel like I've never took those trips back and forth to New York when I was younger; "really, damn ma`" is the only thing I can say because she was paying for all of our sh*t that we cried for. I feel terrible asking for anything besides a slice of pizza.

I'll use this moment to give notice to the only other person that I know that is coming to visit this city of "throw your money at me," AKA the big rip off, joking ~ but this lady did try to hire me on the spot, and threw a uniform at me, so that I could start working ~ however, it wasn't until she said I only pay '15 dollars a day, but you keep the tips' that made me return the uniform and walk away (illegal, or bullsh*t) ~ seriously, I think I'm falling for the big city - only place I can get a pizza, a dollar a slice!

I swear, I will post pics as soon as I can. Until then ~ wait for the next post!

No comments: